Friday, May 11, 2012

I suck at blogging!

I started this blog to capture the little details of the kids lives and also the milestones of my daughters first year and I've barely posted.  I spend so much time over-thinking what I should write that I psych myself up and never write anything.  I've decided to change that and write at least something once a week.  Let's see if that lasts.

Yesterday Lucy was 9 months old and today was her well visit.  She remembered being at the doctor 2 months ago for her flu shot and ear piercing and went nuts as soon as she realized where she was.  She cried while I was undressing her, screamed when the nurse tried to weight and measure her and was off the wall when the nurse had to prick her finger for a lead test.  I finally got her all calm and relaxed when the doctor walked in and boy was she upset right away.   The doctor said she has an "excellent memory".  All that aside, she did great and is very healthy!  She is now crawling all over the place.  She claps hands and says "gaga, goo goo, mama, baa baa and dada.  She can get herself into a sitting position and she can stand to play with her toys.  She loves her walker and her little doll.  She also has 2 teeth.

The twins have adjusted very well to daycare and love it.  When Ron drops them off in the morning they run right in without any tears or issues.  Today I will be headed to the center for a Mother's Day tea which I am really looking forward to.  The boys talk up a storm and fight up a storm too, but mostly they are sweet, precious and funny little boys.

I guess I need to come clean about my weight loss (or lack thereof).  I have been a complete slacker these past 3 months since returning to work.  I managed to gain back 6 of the 24 pounds I'd worked so hard to lose.  I've been having tons of pity parties for myself about working, my commute, work travel, etc.  I've made lots of excuses, but I'm back on track now.  I convinced Ron to join forces with me and get healthy.  I did lose 2.2 last week and hope for a little more this week.  I also got on the treadmill twice this week and was able to jog for 15 minutes (about 1 mile) both days.  I'm pretty proud of that.  I feel pretty sore from it, but it's a good sore.  I'm carrying the pain like a badge of honor.

I will close with a recent picture taken from a trip to Connecticut to see Thomas the Tank Engine.  We had such a blast!

I should probably include a recent one of the birthday girl too:

No comments:

Post a Comment