Monday, December 12, 2011

Thank you Mommy

I heard these words for the first time today from Rory.  He thanked me for wiping his buggers and it was music to my ears.   The boys are talking so much and understanding commands.  I love listening to them talk.  Charlie's new thing is to refer to everything as "over there" but it sounds like "obba daya".   Ron and I think it's so cute we are always asking him where things are. 

Last night we ate dinner, got the kids dressed and headed out to a local farm that does an amazing Christmas display.   When you arrive you pay $5 per car and tune your radio to 107.9 and head into the mile long maze of lights and inflatable ornaments.   The boys loved it and Charlie cried when we pulled out.  We drove around a little more and looked at more lights around the neighborhood.  It was my favorite thing to do around the holidays and I am so excited that the boys are old enough to enjoy the lights as well.

In other news, Miss Lucy is refusing to nap and it's making me crazy.  Sometimes I can get her settled in the swing for a snooze, but I really need to work on getting her to take a nap in her crib.

I secured the boys spots in daycare beginning on January 30th.   The reality hit me today that once my maternity leave is over barring any illness (please God) I will never have more than a week home with my babies and that makes me so sad.  I just try to get through it by telling myself it's worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment